What is DLC's policy？
Please click here to download the DLC policy file.
What is standard color temperature for Led products？
Please click here to download the CCT Arrange file.
What CE Products does Snowball have？
Please click here to download the products list.
What UL Products does Snowball have？How many models?
Please click here to download the products list. We current have 192 models have UL certificate.
What UL numbers does Snowball have?
4 UL certificate number: E465603 , E478471, E478472, E478473
How many DLC products models does Snowball have?
We have 114 DLC items . Please click DLC list here.
How many DLC Premium products models does Snowball have?
We have 20 DLC Premium items . Please click DLC list here.
WHAT IS A LED?
LED is the abbreviation for a light-emitting diode. Individual LED consists of a semiconductor diode that emits light when a voltage is applied to it. Today, LED technology has progressed to the point where it is viable for general lighting applications.
CAN LEDS BE USED TO REPLACE ALL CONVENTIONAL OR INCANDESCENT FLORESCENT OR METAL HALIDE LAMPS?
Yes, the LED market is adapting very quickly to the recent changes in regulations that many industrialized countries are issuing. For example, recently, the US has passed new regulations about incandescent bulbs that will support the development of the LED market further.
New High Power LED’s (HPL) are now becoming very accessible, which was not the case a few years ago. High power LEDs, as opposed to single low power LEDs, are capable of replacing any type of lighting available and at the same time consume 1/8th to 1/10th of the power needed for their incandescent counterparts.
IS THERE ANY BENEFIT FOR LEDS COMPARED WITH CONVENTIONAL INCANDESCENT OR METAL HALIDE LAMPS?
Yes, there are many. To name a few:
- Low power consumption = energy savings
- Very long lifespan
- Instant lighting when switched on
- Resistant to vibration
- Same sizing as most existing bulbs available
- Very little heat generated by the light source
COULD YOU PROVIDE MORE DETAILED EXPLANATIONS ABOUT THESE LED ADVANTAGES?
Here are 5 important facts:
- Because of the energy savings it offers, the LED technology has an immediate impact on the power consumption and your utility bill. In LEDs, light is produced by a chemical reaction, not by a filament that is burning between two electrodes. This method accounts for about 95% of energy loss, using only 5% to produce light. Please read this article for a real-life example on how a previous 350W installation was replaced by 35W LEDs.
- The average life of LEDs is 100,000 hours and most manufacturers commit to 50,000 hours. Compared with the 1,000 hours lifespan of incandescent bulbs, whether you take the average estimate or the more conservative one, this could very well be the last time you change a light bulb.
- LEDs emit cold light, so a very small amount of energy is converted to heat.
- LEDs are shielded with plastic materials or polycarbonate covers, so they are more resistant than incandescent and (CFL) florescent bulbs, which are usually made of fragile glass.
- LEDs are now produced in similar shapes and forms to the standard lamps and therefore fit in almost all applications available. At Snowball we are constantly striving to improve our existing products and expand our product line to produce replacements for a vast variety of lamps.
HOW CAN I BENEFIT FROM LED CONVERSION?
There are many benefits to LED conversion. You will notice a decrease in the kilowatt intake of your home/office and/or shop /plant consumption. This will impact your energy cost. Also, LED products are very efficient. They convert more electricity into light than incandescent bulbs, and generate less heat, which lowers the need for air conditioning. LED products can last for a very long period of time that can range from 30,000-50,000 hours, whereas incandescent bulbs usually last from 1000-2500 hours. They are shock-resistant, lower the risk of spark-related incidents and do not contain any mercury or other toxic chemicals, un-like Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFL’s) that need to be disposed in recycling facilities.
CAN LED BULBS BE USED WITH DIMMERS?
Yes, most of the bulbs we sell work well with simple dimmers or electronic dimmer switches. However, not all bulbs available are dimmable, and therefore, you can only use bulbs that are designed to be dimmed in a dimmable fixture. Using a non-dimmable bulb in a dimmable fixture could damage the unit, void the warranty and fail prematurely. We will be happy to help you select the best match for all your needs.
DO LED LAMPS PRODUCE A LOT OF HEAT?
No. In fact, a 4W light bulb that is lit for more than 25 hours will barely emit any heat. It will feel a little warm but will not burn when touched. This means that you will be saving on your air-conditioning bill as well. Burns and accidents caused by heated bulbs are avoidable with LED technology.
DO LEDS CONTAIN ANY HEAVY METALS SUCH AS MERCURY OR LEAD LIKE SOME OTHER ENERGY-SAVING LIGHT BULBS DO?
No. LED bulbs do not contain any mercury, lead or any other type of hazardous metals or chemicals. So you don’t have to worry about special disposal procedures when the life of your product has come to an end.
WHAT IS THE COLOR OF THE LIGHT EMITTED FROM INITIAL-LED’S LIGHTS?
Our LEDs come in the same available colors as most regular light bulbs. We can now offer you Warm White, Natural White (4000ºK – 4500ºK) and Cool White.
WHAT SIZES ARE THE LAMPS?
You will barely see the difference between your old lamps and your new LEDs, as they are almost identical and need no special tools or set of instructions to install.
HOW DO THEY OPERATE IN COMPARISON TO STANDARD LAMPS?
They operate the exact same way. The only real change is that, in most cases, you will be able to touch the light without burning your fingers.
WILL THE LAMPS COME ON IMMEDIATELY, OR WILL THEY HAVE TO “WARM UP”
Instant on/instant off! No time is wasted for warming up the units. And unlike CFLs, constantly switching them on and off will not shorten your LEDs’ life.
CAN THESE LAMPS BE USED IN OUTSIDE INSTALLATIONS?
Yes. You can easily shop for your indoor/outdoor application to find the one that best suits your needs.
HOW SHOULD I DISPOSE OF LED LAMPS?
LEDs can be sent to your recycling facility with other recyclable material, or as you would do with any other incandescent or halogen bulb.
TOP 3 REASONS WHY OUR PRODUCTS CAN MAKE YOUR LIGHTING EXPERIENCE BETTER:
- They help you better manage your energy cost
- Removal of defective conventional lamps takes time and costs money. LEDs have a much longer lifespan and rarely need replacement
- No decrease in performance: LEDs keep their brightness throughout their lives